Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 1999 23:08:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
To:        waynem@cyberus.ca (Wayne MacLaurin)
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with mpd2.0b1

Wayne MacLaurin writes:
> We are having two separate problem with mpd2.0b1 running on FreeBSD 2.1.7.
> We have two systems with four internal USR 33.6 Sportster modems.
>
> 1) If we build a bundle with more than two modems, when the systems connect
> both ends simultaneously dump core (segv).

You should first try upgrading your system to 2.2.8. FreeBSD 2.1.7
is quite old.

Also, post some diagnostic info, ie., the log trace and (even better)
a gdb stack trace (type "gdb mpd mpd.core" and then "where").

> 2) Not matter how many modems (1 or 2) we try to connect and no matter what
> "Connect" speed is reported back by the chat script, the "bandwidth" report
> is always 9600.  Even when it does connect with two modems, the bandwidth is
> always 9600.  I've seen Connect messages of 14400, 21600 and various
> others...

The script reports what the modem reports (if you say "log +chat2" you
can verify this).. however the "set link bandwidth" values are *not*
automatically updated from the output of the chat script yet. I hope
to fix this in the next version.

-Archie