Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 19:36:19 +0100
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPv6 in -current

According to David E . O'Brien:
> But some of the KAME developers have commit privs.  Thus they can
> maintain the code.  This bonus should not be overlooked.

And it would be easy to add Francis to our list of committers so the
argument is moot :)

I don't know of they intent to get together (KAME and Francis) but be
assured they know each others very well (just talked to Francis today).

Francis told me he planned a 2.2.8 release (as soon as it gets released of
course :)) then a 3.0 one.

In the mean time, an old (2.2.6 I think) version of the code was converted
for CURRENT by one of us (Pierre Beyssac, committer too) and another person
has proposed to do it again (for 3.0-RELEASE) in this list.

So I would say there is support for the INRIA code too.

As for the encryption stuff, it would be easy to put on our international
repository.

Another point to consider is that NetBSD took Francis' code for the next
release...
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-BETA #4: Thu Oct 15 01:36:57 CEST 1998