Date:      Mon, 2 Sep 2002 17:36:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pcmcia ed0 driver question

Hello all

I'm trying to get a Network Anywhere 10/100 pc-card to work in my
Thinkpad. According to the docs, it uses the ed(4) driver. In 4.6.2 should
I really need to whip out mknod to make such a common device?

ifconfig tells me

/dev # ifconfig ed0 create
ifconfig: SIOCIFCREATE: Invalid argument

pccardc also tells me the "Device not configured" - MAKEDEV  returns a "no
such device name". ed support (and miibus) are both compiled into the
kernel.

Do I need to build a device entry with mknod? Or am I missing something
easy? If not, should I take this over to freebsd-mobile?

The last time I did this (with a different NIC) it worked out of the
box...

pciconf shows the pc-card bus, but no NIC.

Thanks - JB

#  John Bleichert
#  http://vonbek.dhs.org/latest.jpg