Date:      Tue, 20 Aug 2002 08:03:35 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        Simon Siemonsma <simon.freebsd@hccnet.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: postfix can't resolve IP adress

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 06:15:02PM +0200, Simon Siemonsma wrote:
> When I try to send mail via postfix I get the following message:
>
> Aug 19 17:47:38 fia168-94 postfix/smtp[1418]: BD1EFA1:
> to=<majordomo@freebsd.org>, relay=none, delay=25112, status=deferred (Name
> service error for freebsd.org: Host not found, try again)

Sending to the FreeBSD lists requires that:
    1. the host you're sending from has an IP that has a PTR entry.
    2. The PTR entry has a DNS entry.
    3. Your host has to announce itself as a host with a DNS entry.

I suspect you need to configure Postfix to satisfy condition (3).
Dunno how to do that under Postfix, though.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>                    Once is dumb luck.
                                                 Twice is coincidence.