Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 00:01:40 -0500
From:      The Babbler <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        Grigory Ptashko <trancer@inbox.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA problems

I *just* went though this sort of thing.  I usually indicates an IRQ
conflict; the first thing I'd try is to put

irq 3 9

at the top of /etc/pccard.conf.

If that's not it, try looking for other IRQ conflicts;

dmesg | grep irq

will give you a pretty good list of IRQs in use the the kernel knows
about,  but some device that the kernel isn't on speaking terms with can
still goober up an IRQ.  My trouble was caused by the fact that my sound
card was using IRQ 5 but FreeBSD didn't know that and tried to give 5 to
my card.

"Brian, the man from babble-on"              bts@babbleon.org
Brian T. Schellenberger                      http://www.babbleon.org
Support http://www.eff.org.                  Support decss defendents.