Date:      Wed, 6 May 2009 14:08:27 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        Manolis Kiagias <sonicy@otenet.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: reducing Windows Vista to install FreeBSD dual-boot

El día Wednesday, May 06, 2009 a las 01:26:50PM +0300, Manolis Kiagias escribió:

> Sure, You can even reduce Vista's partition from Control Panel ->
> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management.  Right
> click on the partition and select to shrink. The amount that it will
> allow you to shrink will vary (probably depends on the fragmentation)
> but I guess you will be able to get 50G on a 200G disk.

I did so and was only allowed to shrink the partition to some 125 GByte.
I even moved before the swap to some other partition, reserved for of DELL
recovery.
I re-booted and hoped that it let me now shrink the 125 even more, but no
luck. So, at the moment I only have around 100 GByte for FreeBSD free,
which is a lot, compared with other servers I have here.

> Then install
> FreeBSD as usual, but do not allow it to install any boot manager (it
> will mess with Vista's BCD system). After installing, use EasyBCD (free
> download) within Vista to add FreeBSD to the boot menu.

Thanks for the hint.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211