Date:      Mon, 22 Jun 1998 16:12:22 +0200
From:      Stefan Eggers <seggers@semyam.dinoco.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        seggers@semyam.dinoco.de
Subject:   Re: package sizes (was: Re: 2.2.6 CD-ROM : Package dependencies up the creek ? )

> I am now investigating the possibility of pkg_create doing the size
> calculations based on the packing list.  The patch suggested on the

Just as a note to those interested:

That is done now and working for me.  See the PR I sent in/the file I
uploaded to ftp.FreeBSD.org under pub/FreeBSD/incoming.

Now I have to make a small change to bsd.ports.mk to make its install
target know how to add +SIZE to the package database.  Otherwise this
information would be missing when installing from the ports.

Stefan.