Date:      Tue, 11 May 2021 20:56:05 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter@rulingia.com>
To:        Adriaan de Groot <adridg@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Rock64 flaky ethernet?

--HijZn8vi9AqLPrrK

On 2021-May-08 21:28:41 +0200, Adriaan de Groot <adridg@freebsd.org> wrote:
>On Saturday, 8 May 2021 20:09:03 CEST Daniel Engberg wrote:
>> Regarding our Rock64 board this looks relevant,
>> https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=3D7545
>
>Yes. (Re-)soldering SMD components is not my idea of fun, though

It's not easy.  And after making those changes, my board no longer
worked with the "corrected" if_dwc tx and rx delays and I had to
locally revert that commit.

I'm running my Rock64 diskless (it boots from U-Boot using DHCP &
TFTP), rebuilding and updating head daily.  It's been completely
reliable except that occasionally loading the kernel will stall on the
reboot after installworld.  So far, that hasn't become enough of an
annoyance to make me dig into in more.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--HijZn8vi9AqLPrrK