Date:      Mon, 25 Dec 2006 00:13:21 +0100
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MythTV port - status report

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 23:31:33 +0100
usleepless@gmail.com wrote:

> Torfinn, List,

usleep, I think it is time for you to bug the Gmail people about proper
mailing list handling - your message wasn't sent to the list. Again.

> this can have at least 2 reasons:
> 1. you haven't completed the setup properly.

I *know* I haven't completed my mythtv-setup properly. :-)
If you read the whole message you will see that I had some problems
with that.

> 2. the device you are using doesn't support the
> enumerate-inputs-v4l2-ioctl.

Ok, this is probably the reason. How can I find out if the pvr250 port
supports this ioctl? any pointers to information?

> are you planning on running a backend on fbsd? or just a frontend?

If Greg's mythtv port becomes usable on amd64 with a PVR-350, I'm
planning on running a backend on FreeBSD. The reason for that is easy:
familiarity. I'm much more conformtable with FreeBSD than with the
KnoppMyth box I'm running (debian). Don't even get me started on Ubuntu.

I would laso like to have frontends on a feew of my FreeBSD machines -
that way it is easy to fire it up just to check something, or watvh the
news, or...

> please keep posting your progress and problems. i am reading along.

Wilco.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,