Date:      Tue, 5 May 1998 01:11:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        "Singh, Hardeep              IN" <singhh@delpo1.in.unisys.com>
Cc:        Qufreebsd <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Problems in FreeBSD installation over net

One thing that may be worth checking is if you are behind a firewall that
only allows passive ftp or ftp via a proxy.  I do not know if the 2.2.6
install will use by default a passive or active FTP. (maybe others can
answer). Also you have bot specified how you are attaching to the net.
If you are using ethernet, then you should go to another machine and see
if you can ping the new machine after it has tried to do the ftp. it
should be pingable. If not then there are many possibilities.
1/ maybe you slected the wrong IRQ or port for the ethernet card? (was it
PCI or ISA).
2/ maybe you selected a bad default router or address?

if it is ppp then are you sure that the connection is complete?

more information of this nature is required.

regards..
julian