Date:      Thu, 31 Aug 2006 09:05:25 -0700
From:      Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>
To:        f-mobile <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Thanks for iwi related changes in 6-STABLE (as of	2006.08.13.11.01.57)

Parv wrote:
> in message <20060816041121.GB8555@holestein.holy.cow>,
> wrote Parv thusly...
>> Before Aug 13 version (Jun 3 2006) & with iwiNG driver, connection
>> will drop every 2 hours[0] & signal scan would just keep
>> looping|missing.  So, after every 2 hours, I had to run[1] a
>> script to reconnect.
>>
>> Now after the update, when the connection was dropped, after some
>> seconds connection was remade without any effort on my part.
>>   [0] The Linksys WRT54G v4 unit regenerates the WPA group key every
>

> Darn it, above happened (reconnecting after 2 hours) only once. :(
> After the 4th hour, before reconnecting myself, i was getting this
> message repeated many times ...
>
>   iwi0: [00:14:bf:1f:8e:e5] TKIP ICV mismatch on decrypt
>

> Seems like I will have buy a atheros card after all.

I know of no issue with iwi and tkip.  Can you verify this is not
ap-related?  (e.g. swap ap's, check for firmware updates, etc.).
Otherwise try to correlate the event with things like the re-keying
intervals (GTK and PTK).  An event log from wpa_supplicant and possible
the net80211 layer might help understand what's going on.  Feel free to
send this info directly to me.

	Sam