Date:      Mon, 13 Dec 1999 08:26:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pidentd

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Mike Smith wrote:

> > At 02:25 AM 11/12/1999 -0500, Ben WIlliams wrote:
> > >freebsd-stable,                           Saturday, December 11, 1999
> > >
> > >    I am trying to get pidentd (or any other ident daemon) to work for
> > >masqueraded hosts on a private LAN connected to the internet via a
> > >3.2-RELEASE box. I've managed to successfully compile and install
> > >pidentd which works as a standard ident daemon but I am having
> > >difficulty figuring out how to make it work for masq'd hosts. Any
> > >ideas?
>
> The right answer, of course, is to use an IRC server that doesn't insist
> on ident.  Much easier than all this running around like a headless
> chicken, and much easier on our mail bandwidth, thanks.

If you can furnish me with a list of the EFNet IRC servers that don't
subscribe to ident bigotry I'd be really happy. :-)  I finally gave up and
pushed ident through to my workstation since trying to find a decently
peered server was getting really hard.

freei was the last one and Sprynet ate it and put it under communist
control.

dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu     |  www.FreeBSD.org