Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 1999 12:38:26 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
Cc:        Eb Farris <efarris@surfusa.com>, dg@root.com, Neil Bradley <neil@synthcom.com>, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quad-PIII...exists?

On Fri, 17 Sep 1999, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

> > I am surprised that none of you have tried Gigabyte.

I have a gigabyte  6BXD with two PII 400s in it.  This is the one that
hasn't got builtin SCSI or networking.  It works very well; though, if I was
going to do it again, I would likely get one of the ones with builtin SCSI.
I don't know if it makes a decent server box, but as a workstation it
rocks.  I can do a massive CPU bound job in the background, and still get
really zippy interactive performance.

David Scheidt