Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 14:39:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      scarr <scarr@ineocom.com>
To:        Omachonu Ogali <oogali@intranova.net>
Cc:        Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>, Jonathan Fortin <jonf@revelex.com>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sh?

I think this is mostly because /bin/sh is known to always be there, no
matter what unix-like system you're using.  I know when I'm writing a
shell script that needs to be ultimately portable I use /bin/sh (as
painful as it may be).  If you're going to write a shell script in bash or
ksh you're gambling on the fact that they system in question has it
installed.

Of course, there could be other factors.  Does anyone know if sh is used
for these types of things for any other reason than portability?