Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 14:51:02 -0800
From:      Craig Harding <crh@outpost.co.nz>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Filesystem size limit?

Daniel C. Sobral wrote:

> Joe Greco wrote:
>
> > Huh?  No.  It's my pr0n server, dewd.  Do you know how many nekkid pikturez
> > you can stuff onto 1.8TB?
>
> With the right compression, probably more than you can see in your life
> time. :-)

Assume 200KB per image, a reasonably large image (in terms of on-screen
resolution). That's 9,663,676 images. If we assume you need 5 sec per
nekkid pikture to "appreciate" the full impact of the image, it will
*only* take you 559 days (of _continuous_ viewing) to see all of them.
Hardly a lifetime's worth.

						-- C.