Date:      Wed, 30 Jun 1999 00:56:17 -0600
From:      Christopher Taylor <chris@thedial.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, jamesjb@thedial.com
Subject:   Installing Applix office suite for Linux

I have purchased Applix for Linux and want to install it on FreeBSD 3.2.
I have the linux libraries installed and have been running other linux
binaries, such as RealPlayer and Adobe Acrobat. After mounting the CD
for Applix and entering the CD directory, I run the install program and
get the following error...

Install Applixware for Red Hat Linuxldd: /bin/sh: not a dynamic
executable
ELF binary type not known.  Use "brandelf" to brand it.
./install-applix: line 2: 14783 Abort trap              $DG --fb
--backtitle "$BT" "$@" 2>$O

the 'install-applix' program is a shell script, but some of the other
programs used by the installer are linux binaries.

I should note that I ran the applix demo software without a problem

Any ideas?

--Chris