Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 2004 13:49:22 -0800
From:      Matt Olander <matt@offmyserver.com>
To:        "Person, Roderick" <personrp@ccbh.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD's Visual Identity: Outdated?

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 04:41:02PM -0500, Person, Roderick wrote:
> > I can ask my company if they will donate a 1U server (maybe
> > with the old
> > BSDi logo on it) if enough people are interested in entering a freebsd
> > advocacy website design contest. Winners could be decided by a vote on
> > the advocacy mailing list or by core or something.
> >

> I think this a great idea! I'd enter the contest.

ok! Devon, can you post the requirements or guidelines that you and
Murray had come up with when we discussed this last? I remember that
there were a few requirements involved regarding programming languages
or something.

my work has already approved the idea although I'm not promising much
for the 1U server ;)

I used to hate the redhat site, but it looks like they revamped it since
I looked last and it's much nicer and easier to navigate now. maybe
Yahoo or Juniper will let us use their corporate logo for a "Juniper relies
on FreeBSD' type image. I'll ask them. or an animated gif cycling
through big corporate users. oh wait, now I'm giving away my design ideas! lol.

I'll enter (even though my website design skillz aren't too great) but
anybody from my company will, of course, be exempt from the contest :P

so, the goal for this will not be for internal freebsd user
use (although that's not out of the question, I'd think) but more for a
professional advocacy site, right? something appropriate to sell or show
off to middle/upper management exec types.

Happy Festivus,
-matt

--
Matt Olander