Date:      Tue, 7 May 1996 20:58:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org, chat@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.4BSD book

On Tue, 7 May 1996, Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:

> Chuck Robey wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 7 May 1996, Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:
> >
> > > 	The Design and Implementation of the 4.4BSD
> > > 	Operating System book is out.  got a copy right here ;)
> > >
> > I'd love a copy.  Do publishers allow group buys on new books?  I bet
> > that there'd be a lot of FreeBSDers who want that book!
>
> 	the publisher is addison-wesley.  i got this one from
> 	computer lieracy www.clbooks.com
>
> 	you used to mention a place called readme.com?  that sold books
> 	at a reasonable discount?  perhaps we could arrange a group purchase
> 	from them.  people could send in checks and then have the
> 	books deliver to one person in each city.  everyone else goes
> 	to see that one person to get their copy.  might save on shipping,
> 	if not then just ship each to each person direct.

Good idea.  It's Readme.Doc, and it's too late in the day to call them
now, but I'll check tomorrow and report back to the list.  I wouldn't
mind organizing it either (I could collect the money, I suppose, deal
with Readme.Doc, whatever)

Chuck Robey chuckr@eng.umd.edu, I run FreeBSD-current on n3lxx + Journey2

Three Accounts for the Super-users in the sky,
  Seven for the Operators in their halls of fame,
Nine for Ordinary Users doomed to crie,
  One for the Illegal Cracker with his evil game
In the Domains of Internet where the data lie.
  One Account to rule them all, One Account to watch them,
  One Account to make them all and in the network bind them.