Date:      Wed, 24 Aug 2016 17:36:18 +0800
From:      Xin Li <delphij@delphij.net>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Cc:        d@delphij.net, zingelman@fnal.gov
Subject:   Re: Ports EOL vuxml entry

--58FNbKvqceSHhuI4rV23PxoD7vSvL5Vpc
From: Xin Li <delphij@delphij.net>
To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Cc: d@delphij.net, zingelman@fnal.gov

--ufnHtAV9TL9WqoVXsofCnme23qhgfKOhd

On 8/23/16 14:23, Gerhard Schmidt wrote:
> Is an outdated (EOL) port a vulnerability? I don't think so. It's a
> possible vulnerability, but not a real one.

Do you have an exact VuXML ID?  I don't think vuxml actually warns about
EoL'ed software, and it's likely that you have an actual issue, and
choose to ignore it (probably for legitimate reason).  If it's just
reporting a software being outdated (rather than really vulnerable to
something), then we should change the entry, I doubt that this is not
the case, though.

It seems to be sensible to implement Tim's suggestion, however, that
allows the system administrator to explicitly override certain VuXML
IDs, if they really knows what they are doing.

Cheers,