Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2000 22:34:41 +1000
From:      Benno Rice <benno@netizen.com.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Irda support

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 02:25:46PM +0200, Oliver Fromme wrote:
> In list.freebsd-stable Daniel O'Connor <doconnor@gsoft.com.au> wrote:
>  > Or give them a real business card..
>  >
>  > Still, hotsync'ing via IR is neat :)
>
> If I'm not mistaken, the IR feature of the Palm (at least
> the Palm III) isn't even Irda, but some proprietary stuff.

The Palms actually have proper IrDA.  The Nokia 7110 and 8810 have full
IrDA support as well, as do some of the higher Ericsson's.  The Nokia
6110 and 6150 have IR, but it's not IrDA.  A lot of those phones aren't
available in the US though, IIRC.

--
Benno Rice                                      "No, no. We're *sweet* and
XNFP Aries Dark Subculture-                      *innocent* evil bastards."