Date:      Sun, 9 Feb 2003 16:10:01 -0600
From:      David Syphers <dsyphers@uchicago.edu>
To:        kde@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   ogle full screen problem, KDE related?

(I'm not really sure where I should send this message. If someone else can
confirm it, then I guess should report it as a bug to either KDE or ogle...)

I have one of those weird problems that is inconsistently reproducible. When I
try to switch ogle to fullscreen mode with ctrl-f or f, it occasionally
works, but (more often that not) it will increase the window to fullscreen
size, but with only half the picture on the desktop (as if it were centered
somewhere other than the center of my desktop).

I only started seeing this after upgrading to FreeBSD 5.0-R, and installing
KDE 3.1. Switching to full screen mode worked fine on 4-stable with KDE
3.0.5. Ogle itself hasn't changed, and the KDE change seems to be the problem
(see error messages below).

I just ran a 'portupgrade -R -f ogle-0.8.5', but the problem is still there.

The messages ogle gives when it centers the fullscreen wrong are:

Debug[ogle_vout]: wm_name: KWin
Debug[ogle_vout]: window is not at screen start trying to fix that
Debug[ogle_vout]: f**king non-compliant wm, we can't trust it on x-coords
Debug[ogle_vout]: wm_x: 0, xtranslate_x: -553
Debug[ogle_vout]: f**king non-compliant wm, we can't trust it on y-coords
Debug[ogle_vout]: wm_y: 0, xtranslate_y: -414
Debug[ogle_vout]: f**king non-compliant wm, we can't trust it on x-coords
Debug[ogle_vout]: wm_x: 0, xtranslate_x: -553
Debug[ogle_vout]: f**king non-compliant wm, we can't trust it on y-coords
Debug[ogle_vout]: wm_y: 0, xtranslate_y: -414
Debug[ogle_vout]: Couldn't place window at 0,0
Debug[ogle_vout]: resize: 1280, 979

-David

--
"Whatever it is that the government does, sensible Americans
would prefer that the government does it to somebody else.

Astronomy and Astrophysics Center
The University of Chicago