Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 1999 12:48:33 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za>
To:        Eric Jacoboni <jaco@titine.fr.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD equivalent of Linux 'fuser' command

Around Today, "Eric Jacoboni" wrote :

EJ>  Is there a BSD equivalent of the Linux 'fuser' command ?

Yup - fstat(1)

     Fstat identifies open files.  A file is considered open by a process if
     it was explicitly opened, is the working directory, root directory, ac-
     tive executable text, or kernel trace file for that process.  If no op-
     tions are specified, fstat reports on all open files in the system.

It also does sockets.

EJ>  I've read some lines about lsof and try it under Linux (i've not yet
EJ>  installed it from the FBSD ports) but nothing happens with this command
EJ>  under my linux box, so i can't compare :(

lsof is platform independent, but fstat comes with FreeBSD.

---
Khetan Gajjar       (!kg1779) * khetan@os.org.za
http://www.os.org.za/~khetan  * Talk/Finger khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za
FreeBSD enthusiast            * http://www2.za.freebsd.org/
Security-wise, NT is a OS with a "kick me" sign taped to it