Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 1996 16:20:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        nate@mt.sri.com
Cc:        darrylo@hpnmhjw.sr.hp.com, questions@freefall.freebsd.org, me@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: questions-digest V1 #1174

 * Yes, we want it.  I'd rather have XEmacs than not, and requiring a
 * $100+ package to use it when it's not necessary seems a shame.

No, the other alternative is to use the non-Motif toolkit for xemacs,
at least for building packages.  Under no circumstances will we want
to ship a package with Motif dynamically linked.

 * When you add in the lisp files, adding a couple hundred K more isn't
 * going to make *THAT* big of a difference.

I surely would prefer a smaller binary, provided the functionality is
abouth the same. :)  Michael, do you know how the Motif and non-Motif
versions are different?

Satoshi