Date:      Thu, 8 Sep 2011 11:07:58 -0700
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        Olivier Smedts <olivier@gid0.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 8-stable -> 9-current upgrade

--w2Ze1fp8mKggy7lw

On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 07:59:59PM +0200, Olivier Smedts wrote:
> > I augment the instructions from UPDATING, prefixing the "make
> > installworld" itself with:
> >
> > rm -fr /usr/include.old && mv /usr/include{,.old} && \
> > rm -fr /usr/share/man
> >
> > Thus, I have reasonable confidence that the newly-installed world has no
> > significant "pollution" from the old world, at least in /usr/include and
> > /usr/share/man. =A0(Libraries are a different matter -- and addressed
> > differently.)
>=20
> # cd /usr/src
> # make delete-old
> would be less hack-ish

Per src/UPDATING and comments in src/Makefile, that is done *after*
"make installworld" -- and yes, I do that, as well (as well as the
"make delete-old-libs" after the reboot).

Peace,
david
--=20
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.

--w2Ze1fp8mKggy7lw

--w2Ze1fp8mKggy7lw--