Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 1999 11:21:33 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <axl@iafrica.com>
To:        Jeremy Lea <reg@shale.csir.co.za>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Clobbering includes during ``make world''

On Sat, 23 Jan 1999 17:21:43 +0200, Jeremy Lea wrote:

> > make -DCLOBBER includes
>
> It would be nice if you could extend this to work with the perl modules.

Actually, it's quite simple. Both the base Perl5 installation
and the install targets for most CPAN modules make use
of Perl5's Install.pm module, all you have to do is hack
contrib/perl5/lib/ExtUtils/Install.pm, which is what I did. The hack
isn't avaliable for public consumption, because I've yet to teach it to
honour a -DCLOOBER_PERL knob during ``make world''.

I'll report back when that's ironed out.

Ciao,
Sheldon.