Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 2013 15:59:32 -0400
From:      Julio Merino <julio@meroh.net>
To:        "Simon J. Gerraty" <sjg@juniper.net>
Cc:        freebsd-testing@freebsd.org, Rui Paulo <rpaulo@fnop.net>
Subject:   Re: Plugging ATF tests into the build and other cleanups

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@juniper.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Oct 2013 17:46:19 -0400, Julio Merino writes:
>>> freebsd-testing/move-kyuafiles.diff
>>>
>>> I'm also not crazy about this one (the change to lib/Makefile)
>>> What is the expected use?
>>
>>To populate /usr/tests/lib accordingly.  You need:
>>
>>/usr/tests/Kyuafile - auto-recurse into directories
>>/usr/tests/lib/Kyuafile - auto-recurse into directories
>>/usr/tests/lib/libc/Kyuafile - list of tests to run and possibly other
>>subdirectories
>>and that /usr/tests/lib/Kyuafile has to come from somewhere.  I think
>
> Sure, but if Kyuafile works anything like Atffile, a generic boilerplate
> one would do? and this could be handled from almost anywhere.
> Since we (junos - and same in projects/bmake) ignore intermediate
> makefiles like lib/ etc, that wouldn't be my choice.

Aha! I think the "ignore intermediate makefiles" part is the key piece
I was missing to understand your build system.

>>Note: I have applied some of your suggestions to the existing patches
>>but some things still remain open so don't bother doing an in-depth
>>review again because they are broken.  However, I gotta go now and I'd
>>prefer to send this out for further comments while I have your
>>attention ;)
>
> Sure - thanks very much for your help.

FYI: Please note that I already sent another message with more
complete responses.  You might have missed it since they were both
similar in content and possibly strangely threaded.

--
Julio Merino / @jmmv