Date:      Sun, 20 Dec 2009 10:46:08 -0500
From:      Steven Friedrich <freebsd@insightbb.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   ap_scan values

I've been using a Project Evil Windows ethernet driver wrapped by NDIS.
I use wpa, and in /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf, I have the following line:
ap_scan=2

Our man page, for wpa_supplicant.conf states that this value should always be
1, but I had to set it to 2 to get it to work. I believe this is because we're
using a windows driver so we need to pretend we're running Windows.

So I had to set it to 1 when I want to use the bwi driver (new for 8.0) or
uath driver.

Once I made this change, bwi works.
uath still escapes me.

I hope someone changes the man page to let people know they need to use 2 when
using the NDIS driver.