Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2000 18:08:41 -0800
From:      David Marcantonio <david_marcantonio@sanger.k12.ca.us>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD suggestion

Is it possible to provide FreeBSD in a ISO disk image format on your FTP
servers? I noticed RedHat has this option for downloading RedHat Linux.
You go to one of their FTP sites and you can find a directory called
"iso." After you download it, you can drop it on a CD-ROM burning app
and make an image of the CD they sell in stores. I feel this is a great
idea to get FreeBSD. If you provide an easy to copy format for beginners
of BSD, they won't have to figure out which file goes in what directory,
or which file they need. If you creat disk images of your FreeBSD,
someone with a quick connection can download it and have their own ready
to go copy of FreeBSD. This way, you'll get more novice BSD users to
install it. Just thought I might suggest that piece of info with you.

David Marcantonio