Date:      Tue, 18 Oct 2005 12:43:16 +0100
From:      Graham J Lee <leeg@teaching.physics.ox.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   panic booting install CD

Hi,

I'm trying to install 6.0RC1 from the disk image and the instructions at
http://people.freebsd.org/~grehan/iso_install.txt but get the following
panic at every boot:

panic: Assertion curthread != NULL failed at
/usr/src/sys/kern/kern_mutex.c:268
KDB: enter: panic
[thread pid -1 tid 0 ]
Stopped at	0:	illegal instruction 0

The hardware is a 500Mhz G4 PowerMac (AGP graphics), 768MB RAM, with a
"ATTO,ExpressPCIProUL2D" PCI SCSI card on which the disk I wish to
install FreeBSD is located - but I've tried removing that and still get
the same panic.  I've also booted the CD in a different machine (this
iBook G4) and get the sysinstall screen, so the ISO seems to have been
burned OK.

Any suggestions? :-)

Cheers,

Graham.
--
Graham Lee
UNIX Systems Manager, Oxford Physics Practical Course