Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 1999 14:54:33 +1100
From:      Jim Mock <jim@corp.au.triax.com>
To:        Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Makefile help

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999 at 21:44:54 -0600, Steve Price wrote:
[snip..]
> # Also, since USE_IMAKE implies USE_X_PREFIX, the deinstall looks
> # in /usr/X11R6 for the files in the PLIST and doesn't find them
> # there.  Setting USE_X_PREFIX to no doesn't matter, it still looks
> # in /usr/X11R6 and doesn't find them.
>
> The test in ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk is '.if defined(USE_X_PREFIX)' so
> you need to un-define it for that to work.
>
> # So basically, my questions are..
> #
> # Is there a way to make it install everything into X prefix
> # (including the libs)?
>
> The key is probably in the Imakefile.  Can you send me a copy and
> let me take a look?

Boy do I feel dumb now.. I figured it was right in front of my face,
and it was =)  I've edited the Imakefiles and made some patches.. I'll
be testing it with them in a sec.

> # If it's not a big deal that it installs into /usr/local, how can
> # I get deinstall to look there instead of X prefix?
>
> One way (though you didn't here it from me :) is to add a line like
>
> PREFIX=	${LOCALBASE}

<grin>  I actually thought about doing that when I was looking at
bsd.port.mk but figured I'd see if I could find a better way first ;)

Thanks Steve.

Later,

--
Jim Mock  System Administrator  jim@corp.au.triax.com  ,-._|\  FreeBSD