Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 1996 01:04:10 CDT
From:      Babak  Sehari <sehari@iastate.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Answer to my own question

Hello,

   I just why cann't I install the packages from an un supported CDROM.
The reason is dos is stupid 8+3 name space OS, so things like
emacs_6.60.tgz will be saved as emacs_6.60; therefore, the pkg_manager
won't find them as .tgz files.  The solution is simple just change the
extension to .tgz.  For example, emacs_6.60 in the dos directory should
be named emacs.tgz for example.

   Since, I learned how to install pakages from various sources, I amy
as well write the document for it in the BSD handbook.

               With highest regards,
                    Babak   Sehari