Date:      Mon, 6 May 2002 10:43:34 -0700
From:      chip.wiegand@simrad.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   version of config does not match kernel! message

I have this recently set up system running fbsd-4.5r and just cvsupped my
ports. I am now attempting to
make a new kernel when I get this message -

ERROR: version of config(8) does not match the kernel!
config version = 400019, version required = 400018
Make sure /usr/src/usr.sbin/config is in sync with your /usr/src/sys and
install a new config binary before
trying this again

So, where do I get the new binary to install? Or, what should I do here?
I've never seen this before, and
I've compiled several custom kernels on other machines.

--
Chip Wiegand
Computer Services

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
     --Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment
Corporation, 1977
 (They why do I have 9? Somebody help me!)