Date:      Wed, 9 Oct 1996 09:12:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Scott Kuehn <kuehn@meddle.Wittenberg.EDU>
To:        camaro@erols.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Setup...

On Tue, 8 Oct 1996 camaro@erols.com wrote:

> Ok..sorry about that message, I have a Pentium Pro/200, 64 MB ram,
> etc.  My modem is in COM 2.  When I start the installion from the Boot
> Floppy I select install via FTP.  I have a PPP connection, but guess
> what, my modem is COM 2 not COM 1...can I do anything about this?  Say
> in TERM can I switch COM ports?  If so how?  I'm new to UNIX and I want
> and need to learn it...Any help would be great, thanks..

When you get in to the PPP client before issuing the term command to dial
try to add these:

set line  /dev/cuaa0   # This will set your port, cuaa0 is Com1
set line /dev/cuaa1    #This should work for com2.
 set speed 38400
 disable lqr
 deny lqr
 disable pred1         # Some PPP hosts hate Pred1, play with this..
 deny pred1

-Scott