Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 1996 01:02:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Dirk Hans Krakaur Floranes <dkrakavr@ccr.dsi.uanl.mx>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SOS for a Freebsd instalation

Please do not crosspost.  questions is plenty enough.

On Mon, 16 Dec 1996, Dirk Hans Krakaur Floranes wrote:

> ok, this is a bigone so readit if you have time...

I can prune this to one paragraph and one line:

> "Couldn't extract the following distributions
> this maybe becouse they were not available on
> the instalation media you have chosen"
> bin

> to install freebsd, what should he done?

Make sure bin.inf is on the first disk.

Also make sure that the remaining .inf files make it either on the first
disk OR on the last disk of the previous distribution.

Also check the ALT-F2 debug console.  It may complain that bin.inf was not
found.