Date:      Sat, 18 Jun 2011 18:49:41 +0200
From:      Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
To:        Christian Baer <christian.baer@uni-dortmund.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Crashes with Promise controller

Am 13.06.2011 um 16:22 schrieb Christian Baer:

> I have to slightly explain the word "crash" here: I don't actually =
have
> to hard reset the system myself. My box just does a reboot by itself. =
No
> filesystem is unmounted cleanly and because the machine isn't really =
new
> and powerful fsck takes pretty long.

I can't help you with your controllers, but anyone in a position to help =
will likely want to know if the box simply resets, or if the kernel =
panics.  And if there are going to be any patches, you most certainly =
will want to get familiar with the debugger to help try stuff out.  The =
handbook has information on how to enable crash dumps and getting the =
kernel debugger going.  If you haven't done so already, try and get a =
serial console going, it helps tremendously to be able to cut&paste =
debugger info instead of trying to hand transcribe it.

HTH,
Stefan

--=20
Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811