Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 1996 16:23:34 -0700
From:      "M.R.Murphy" <mrm@Mole.ORG>
To:        LARRYD@bldg1.croute.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: reply to Re: Son of Re: irq 12

> |  5) to get 3 lp's to work, I used an MGP and 2 single LP cheap boards
> |     and X-acto, solder and wire to change the IRQ on the second single LP.
>
> Which for me would be a liitle difficult without a schematic  8).

It turns out that the ISA bus is well defined in terms of which
paddle traces are which signals; we all have the schematic :-). Or
we can get it pretty easily. I'm serious about cutting the trace
and tacking on a wire to another pad on the paddle (if the interface
isn't so inexpensive that it doesn't have the traces). If it's a
combo I/O with serial, it'll have the required pads on the paddle.

If you don't need the serial, set it up so you have 3,4, and 5 for
the irq's of the lpt's. This is all well and good for the occasional
fun hardware hack, but it would be a pain for multiple production units.
--
Mike Murphy  mrm@Mole.ORG  +1 619 598 5874
Better is the enemy of Good