Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 2000 21:14:43 PDT
From:      "Yon Thulung_rai" <yanraiwelcome@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:  Desperate help

Hi all,

I have reinstall 3.4 freebsd on my pc. I did every thing to confiure my
printer but still doesn't work.

Step one
The manual says configure /etc/printcap file
I just copied alike:

lp|lj|ps|local DeskJet printer:\
:lp=/dev/lpt0"sd=/var/spool/output/lpd:1f=/var/log/lpd-errs:sh:mx#0:\
:if=/usr/local/libexec/lpfilter:

Setp two
and another file

/usr/local/libexec/lpfilter

I copied the same script in the lpfilter

#!/bin/sh
printf "\033&k2G" && cat && printf "\f" && exit 0
exit 2

Step three
finally,

/etc/rc.conf

in the rc.conf file I typed as manual says to do
lpd_enable="YES"
lpd_flags=" "

done

Now printer seems to work but the print comes out totally different meaning

Like this example

Hello test
          print the given files for me
                                       This is first time priting test
                                                                      Please
work for me
                   I spend a lot of time on this.

So, how can I solve this problem; my printer is hp DeskJet 520. somebody
told me down load the filter file and load but I can't do it because I don't
have the Internet connection with freebsd system.
Is there a script that I can copy for filter file.
Please help me help me
Yan
File