Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 2008 22:35:45 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Gavin Atkinson <gavin.atkinson@ury.york.ac.uk>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ARM platform page on website

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> I spent a bit of time on it tonight, based on your description.
> There's one hack to the if_npe.c driver that's needed.  Once you have
> that, then it is relatively simple to get at least a NFS root based
> copy of AVILA booting.  I've not tried usb yet, nor worked on the rtc,
> iic, gpio, etc.

Excellent.  Does the hack you needed involve copying the MAC address from
one place to another?  I'm pretty sure I had to do that, and also had to
hack the method used to find the correct microcide image.  I think the
latter change is no longer necessary since if_npe.c 1.6.

> I'll be cleaning this up in the next few days, but just wanted to say
> thank you for making it sound so easy.

No worries, I probably should have said how easy it was to get it at least
partially booting.  I seem to remember the AVILA kernel config is pretty
much usable on the NSLU2 without modification.

I'll try to get that RTC code to you some point this week or next, it's on
a system that I don't have access to right now.

Gavin.