Date:      Sun, 11 Nov 2001 12:27:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      Galen Sampson <galen_sampson@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Install (stand/sysintsall) woes

Hello all,
   Decided that I want to give current a shot for the first time, and that a
clean install was necessary.  I downloaded kern.flp and mfsroot.flp from
november 9th, booted, started an ftp install.  Eveything went smooth through
newfs.  Then three error messages appeared: "Unable to mount /mnt/dev/ad0s1e on
/mnt/var, no such file or directory", followed by the same message for
/mnt/dev/ad0s1f and /mnt/dev/ad0s1g.  I have one disk (ad0) and one slice (s1)
taking the full drive.  I want to have 5 partitions in my slice, swap, /, /var,
/usr, and /home.  After some file are extracted (namely ls) I went poking
around on the virtual terminal and /mnt/dev/ad0s1[e,f,g] do not exist, only
/mnt/dev/ad0s1[a,b,c].  Any who...I run out of space even though / is 100MB.
Same problem with today (November 10).  Any ideas/suggestions would be most
appreciated, otherwise I'll have to go back to 4.4-Release.

Galen