Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 1996 19:57:44 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        wbobby@mindspring.com (Bobby G. Whitley Jr)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Token Ring Network

> Will FreeBSD and the Xfree software work on a token ring network?

Not at present.  TR drivers are under developement, but are currently
not available.

X over TR requires definition of a transport protocol.  Depending on
the encapsulation method, this may or may not take additional work
beyond simply getting transports working.

If you have a TR card at all, you are a lot closer than most of us
to the problem.

> Will the work on a MicroChannel System?

Not at present.  MCA bus interface code (some native drivers, some
ABIOS) exists and has existed since FreeBSD 1.1, but has not been
integrated, since no one who does integration has an MCA machine.

Feel free to help out there as well.  8-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.