Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 1997 21:00:33 -0800
From:      George Hegyes <ceo@internetuniverse.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ATAPI CD-ROM

I know the experimental status of ATAPI cdroms using freeBSD but I have
a would like to install my freeBSD 2.1.6 off of my cdrom, I have
installed it several times with no success. The system has two hard
drives and is running MS-DOS (Windows 95) on the main hard drive, on the
second drive I have installed freeBSD, the book "The Complete FreeBSD"
from walnut creek mentions a file called "atapi.flp" which is used for
creating boot diskettes for systems using IDE CDROMS, my January 1997
CDROM does not have this file & your FTP site does not contain it in the
FLOPPIES directory. I am very interested in getting this running as soon
as possible, can you provide some answers or maybe the file if you think
that will help.

Thanks in advance