Date:      12 Aug 1996 12:11:46 GMT
From:      knarf@camelot.de (Frank Bartels)
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   fetch does not preserve timestamp

Hi,

I recently upgraded to FreeBSD 2.1.5 with the new `fetch' program
instead of ncftp for make fetch in the ports.

I noticed it does not preserve the timestamps of the freshly fetched
files, which is really a BAD thing. But the manual pages says it
should do it with the `-m' swich. I've put FETCH_BEFORE_ARGS=-m
into /etc/make.conf (which should REALLY be the default) but it
did not help.

I really hate archive administrators who always mess up the timestamps
of original archive files and now I'm also one to hate. :(

Bye,
Knarf
--
  Frank Bartels   |UUCP/ZModem/Fax: +49 89 5469593| "Captain, why not just
 knarf@camelot.de | http://www.camelot.de/~knarf/ | give the Borg Windows?"