Date:      Sat, 4 May 1996 11:08:32 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        juphoff@tarsier.cv.nrao.edu
Subject:   Re: [Forwarded e-mail from Alexander O. Yuriev]

As Ollivier Robert wrote:

> [ soap box on ]
>
> What is silly in the other idea is having the penguin (or whatever logo they
> want to take) knocking down Chuck. It is definitely the spirit no one among
> Linuxers & BSDers should have.

This reminds me: one of Kirk McKusick's policies in the copyright of
the daemon is that its use does not have to contradict ``common sense
of good taste''.  So one picture drawn by Tatsumi HOSOKAWA (the author
of the picture on the FreeBSD 2.1 CDROM) where the daemon was smashing
an (MS-)window has been withdrawn since it violated Kirk's copyright.
Same would hold true for any picture that offends any sort of a Linux
mascot.

C'mon guys, be fair to everybody.  Get whatever you like as a mascot,
put it together with a BSD daemon into one picture if you like, as
long as they make friends, but don't try offending each other's
feelings.

If you want some fair battle, make your system better in those areas
where it doesn't shine yet.  (We do, too.)

--
cheers, J"org