Date:      Mon, 21 Dec 1998 14:09:36 +0000
From:      Richard Smith <richard@jezebel.demon.co.uk>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ELF library problems

Hi, I've just recently made my first port <big cheer>, and in the
process encountered the "try using --rpath" problem. I noticed that this
was still an issue about a month ago, and I was wondering if there is
now a "proper" fix. In the end I fixed the problem by adding:

MAKE_ENV+= LD_RUN_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib

to the port's root Makefile.

Thanks,
-richard