Date:      Sun, 26 Sep 1999 14:45:27 -0400
From:      scott <scott@chronis.pobox.com>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache 1.3.9 fails sanity check under 3.3-RELEASE ...

I got the same problem with a different set of config options.  the
compiler probably isn't linking correctly.  You can debug it by cd'ing
to src/Helpers/ and running 'VERBOSE=yes ./TestCompile sanity'.

In my case, it was apache attempting to link against a .a library
which was incorrectly linked against a .so library.

scott