Date:      Sun, 14 Feb 1999 17:48:37 -0500
From:      Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>
To:        Jonathan Warkentin <j0n@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: newuser

Jonathan Warkentin wrote:

> Hello, I was wondering how freebsd compares to Linux, and what
> advantages freebsd has over Linux?  I heard freebsd has better
> compatiblity...so what are your thoughts on that?  Also, are the
> commands the same as Linux?  Does freebsd come with a mail server like
> PINE in Linux?
>
>                                 Thanks for you help
Hi
FreeBSD has linux emulation. Linux do not have FreeBSD emulation :-)
What it mean is that FreeBSD run most of the linux programs around.
Also, FreeBSD has "the ports collection", which is a huge collection of
software. You browse it and you install what you like.
The command are mostly the same.
I don'think that PINE is a server: I think it's a mail reader.
FreeBSD come with a mail server and has a reputation of being
rock-stable.
Thank You
--
[Malartre][malartre@aei.ca][French piss me off - Cartman, South Park]