Date:      Wed, 17 Jun 2020 14:11:08 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?B?VMSzbA==?= Coosemans <tijl@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Mikhail T." <mi+t@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        x11@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org, Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: glxinfo works, /compat/linux/usr/bin/glxinfo - does not

On Tue, 16 Jun 2020 22:51:00 -0400 "Mikhail T." <mi+t@aldan.algebra.com>
wrote:
> Hello!
>=20
> I'm trying to get an OpenGL-using (Qt5-based) Linux application off the=20
> ground on FreeBSD-12.1-STABLE/amd64, and it is dying early on because of=
=20
> OpenGL errors.
>=20
> The machine has an NVidia card, driven by the nvidia-driver-390. The=20
> port is compiled with the Linux option on.
>=20
> I also installed the x11/linux-nvidia-libs-390 port.
>=20
> The native glxinfo (installed by the mesa-demos port) works fine:
>=20
>     name of display: :0
>     display: :0=C2=A0 screen: 0
>     direct rendering: Yes
>     server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
>     server glx version string: 1.4
>=20
> and glxgears spin as fast as expected.
>=20
> However, the Linux glxinfo (installed by the linux-c7-glx-utils) fails wi=
th:
>=20
>     name of display: :0
>     X Error of failed request:=C2=A0 BadValue (integer parameter out of r=
ange
>     for operation)
>      =C2=A0 Major opcode of failed request:=C2=A0 154 (GLX)
>      =C2=A0 Minor opcode of failed request:=C2=A0 24 (X_GLXCreateNewConte=
xt)
>      =C2=A0 Value in failed request:=C2=A0 0x0
>      =C2=A0 Serial number of failed request:=C2=A0 41
>      =C2=A0 Current serial number in output stream:=C2=A0 42
>=20
> The customary Linux filesystems are mounted:
>=20
>     linprocfs on /compat/linux/proc (linprocfs, local)
>     fdescfs on /dev/fd (fdescfs)
>     linsysfs on /compat/linux/sys (linsysfs, local)
>=20
> What's wrong? Thank you! Yours,

The Linux graphics stack has switched to libglvnd while the FreeBSD
stack has not so I don't know if Linux libglvnd can figure which stack,
mesa or nvidia, it has to load.  Try deleting
/compat/linux/usr/lib/libGLX_system.so.0 or making it a symlink to
/compat/linux/usr/lib/libGLX_nvidia.so.0 or try deleting linux-c7-dri
package.