Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 1999 11:24:21 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cardbus and FXP

In message <Pine.BSF.4.10.9911220503330.24915-100000@moo.sysabend.org> Jamie Bowden writes:
:
: I asked on -mobile, but didn't get an answer, so now I'm asking here.  I
: Have a Dell Latitude CPiR, and am thinking about getting the Intel cardbus
: 82559 based ethercard for this machine.  What I want to know is, once
: cardbus is rolled into 3.x, or when 4.x is fianlly release, will the FXP
: driver be rolled into the cardbus framework for support of this card?
:
: I really don't want to buy the 3c589c just for ether on this box, I prefer
: the intel cards, and am willing to wait.

cardbus in 3.x likely isn't going to happen.

Cardbus in 4.x is being worked on, or at least the groundwork for it
is being worked.  fxp is one of the drivers that I have in mind to
make work with cardbus.

Warner