Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 1999 21:06:02 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>, keramida@ceid.upatras.gr, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: row of questions to different parts of fbsd

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Nov 1999 14:11:32 +0100, Ariel Burbaickij wrote:
>
> >   The problem is :I get connection denied as soon as I try to use it
> >   as user on all hosts.As soon as I activate connection as superuser
> >   it works.
>
> That means that netscape was unable to connect to the X display server.
> Presumably, your X display server is running on the local host?  If so,
> I'll bet that you started it as root and are now trying to run netscape
> as some other user (or vice versa).  Basically, whichever user is
> running the X session is the one that should launch Netscape.

  It was not so simple with netscape,though(as I hope it was with jdk)
  Allow me to explain once more.The problem I experience is not about
  being impossible to get netscape mask(I hope you use termin,maybe
  your reference it as netscape's window)problem is get connected to
  remote host.I get coonection refused from them.Afterwards I tried
  the same hosts as root and got connected.I fear that while running
  as user it could not even manage to get DNS lookup.Addresses of remote
  hosts(neither numeric nor human-readable)shown up.The version used is
  3.01.I guess it was rather narrating but not descriptive to you :))

  If so do not bother to ask any additional questions
  kind regards,
  Ariel