Date:      Sat, 29 Aug 1998 15:55:37 +0900
From:      Masafumi NAKANE/=?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCQ2Y6LDJtSjgbKEI=?= <max@wide.ad.jp>
To:        mike@smith.net.au
Cc:        doconnor@gsoft.com.au, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, pvernon@purdue.edu, max@wide.ad.jp, jkh@time.cdrom.com, abial@nask.pl
Subject:   Re: question

    >> >  How about:
    >> >
    >> > # cat >> /boot/boot.conf
    >> >  echo ^G
    >> Shouldn't that be boot.help?

     > Hmm, actually that would be the place to put it in the current
     > scenario, yes.  /boot/boot.banner is where it would go with the "new"
     > bootstrap.

I tested this on my box.  I added three ^G to the end of boot.help and
it worked very well.  Once proper documentation is provided (I will
write something for either FAQ or the handbook), this will help many
people who want to install FreeBSD to PC without a display monitor.

I will make this change to /sys/i386/boot/biosboot/boot.help if I
don't hear any objection within next a few days.

Maybe same change can be brought into picobsd?

     Cheers,
Max